Tonight we will be discussing the potential fall of the Republic.
God and Guns Podcast
Episode 070 – Fall of our Republic
Welcome back to the God and Guns Podcast. I’m your host, Troy. (Doug) And I’m your other host, Doug.
We use this podcast to talk about God, guns, and the responsible Christian gun owners interests.
Tonight we will be discussing the potential fall of our Republic.
Bandwidth Sponsor: Firearms Radio Network
This Weeks God and Gun activities:
Doug – Church on Sunday morning. Joined a Gun Club this past week. Had new orientation class and shot a steel plate match. Recording from Daytona Beach Florida tonight.
- Taught Sunday School (Lesson 13 in Spring Gospel Project)
- Morning devotional (Bible App now on the John Piper – Finding Real Happiness Devotion.)
- Just finished reading Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand, Great Book,
- Going through Systematic Theology Lectures R.C. Sproul named Foundations http://www.ligonier.org/store/foundations-cd/ .
- Preparing for StudentLife Beach Camp in Orange Beach AL http://www.studentlife.com/events/beach
- Scheduling CCDW Classes is real aggravating.
The Journal of the Massachusetts Bar recorded this exchange between an anonymous attorney and a pathologist in a recent murder trial:
“Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?”
“Did you check for breathing?”
“So then, is it possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?”
“How can you be so sure?”
“Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.”
Even then, this would-be Perry Mason refused to throw in the towel:
“Is it possible the patient could be alive, nevertheless?”
“It is possible that he could have been alive,” said the pathologist, “and practicing the law somewhere.”
Chuck Norris is so awesome he created fire by rubbing two ice cubes together.
Subject: Job well done
Hey guys, really appreciate all y’all do for The Lord. When you do the “this week
with God and guns” section, instead of just saying you read your devotional, could
you give us maybe an overview of the idea expressed and the verse? Just an idea. The
Holy Spirit shows us all something different and you briefly describing your
devotional might prompt someone to read that scripture. Love the podcast and thanks
for all your hard work and dedication to Christ.
James&Jewell (United States of America)
It’s all in the title
Rating: 5 Stars
As a christian gun-owner this in an invaluable resource. I am encouraged in my walk with God and get relevant gun and gear information. The ‘Pistol Packing Preachers’ episode was my favorite.
Weekly Bible Verses
Ephesians 4:11-13 (ESV) And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.
Luke 9: 46-48 (ESV) An argument arose among them as to which of them was the greatest. But Jesus, knowing the reasoning of their hearts, took a child and put him by his side and said to them, “Whoever receives this child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me receives him who sent me. For he who is least among you all is the one who is great.”
Fall of the Republic depends on you
- Pray Isaiah 63: 15-19 “Look down from heaven and see, from your holy and beautiful habitation. Where are your zeal and your might? The stirring of your inner parts and your compassion are held back from me. For you are our Father, though Abraham does not know us, and Israel does not acknowledge us; you, O Lord , are our Father, our Redeemer from of old is your name. O Lord , why do you make us wander from your ways and harden our heart, so that we fear you not? Return for the sake of your servants, the tribes of your heritage. Your holy people held possession for a little while; our adversaries have trampled down your sanctuary. We have become like those over whom you have never ruled, like those who are not called by your name.”
- Encourage others – Hebrews 10:23-25 “Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.”
- Educate others – And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. Acts 2:42
- Invite others He said also to the man who had invited him, “When you give a dinner or a banquet, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors, lest they also invite you in return and you be repaid. But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just.” Luke 14:13-14
- Get involved “‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. Rev 3:15-16
“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”
Bandwidth Sponsor: Firearms Radio Network
NRA Armed Citizen
22-year-old woman scares off mace-wielding robber, KCCI, Des Moines, Iowa 05/23/14
22-year-old Jessica McDonald, an employee of Discount Textbooks in Fort Dodge, Iowa, had just opened up the store when a man entered and demanded that she hand over the cash in the register. McDonald responded by showing the robber that the register was empty, at which point the man threatened her with mace. Following the threat, McDonald retrieved a handgun from a safe under the counter and pointed it at the criminal, causing him to flee. Store Manager Paul Tigges told a local media outlet that the pistol is kept under the counter for employees to use. In an interview after the incident, McDonald told the media outlet, “It was shocking to me when I started here that there is a gun and I always thought it was over the top and we didn’t need it, but I’m very glad that we have it.”
-Send feedback towww.godandgunspodcast.com/contact or Troy@godandgunspodcast.com, or Doug@firearmsradio.tv-Please tell your friends about us, leave an iTunes review, and like us on facebook at www.facebook.com/godandgunspodcast-Follow us on Twitter @godandgunspod
-And search for us on Pinterest too.
-And search for us on Instagram too.
-Until next time, Have a blessed week. And keep your guns close but your bible closer.