God and Guns Podcast Episode 116 – Faith and the Patriots by Paul Markel STOG
Intro:Welcome back to Episode 116 of the God and Guns Podcast. I’m your host, Troy. (Doug) And I’m your other host, Doug. (Troy) We use this podcast to talk about God, guns, and the responsible Christian gun owners interests. On this weeks show we will be interviewing Professor Paul Markel and Jarrad of Student of the Gun about his new book Faith and the patriots, a Belief Worth Fighting For.
Bandwidth Sponsor: Firearms Radio Network FRN T-shirt pre-order. Please feel free to share the good news on your show if you want. http://patriotpatch.co/catalog/frnshirt
This Weeks God and Gun activities:
God: I have been a slacker this week. I have been in Atlanta all week since last Saturday.
Guns:I did carry everyday while I was up there. My Rock Island shipped today.
God: Daily Devotional My Utmost for his Highest by Oswald Chambers, Home Sick since coming back from Camp. Church, reread Dr. Paul Markel’s Faith and the Patriot. Finished reading Hunger for God by John Piper (On biblical fasting)
Guns: Conceal Carry everyday. Been ordering things for the Just Right Carbine 45 ACP Glock Mag. Picked up a new trigger group that Stag sent to replace the bad one in my nephews gun. Finished reading The 43 Colonies the last of the 299 Day Series. Got 2,300 rounds of CCI 22LR at Cabela’s over the last week. Picked up some more 12 Ga Slugs and Buck and Ball and 00 Buck to feed my Benelli M4
Gun and Body At A Traffic Stop
A police officer pulls a guy over for speeding.
Officer: May I see your driver’s license?
Driver: I don’t have one. I was suspended when I got my 5th DUI.
Officer: May I see the registration for your car?
Driver: It’s not my vehicle. I stole it.
Officer: The car is stolen?
Driver: That’s right. But come to think of it, I think I saw the registration in the glove box when I was putting my gun in there.
Officer: There’s a gun in the glove box?
Driver: Yes sir. That is where I put the gun after I shot the owner of the car and put her in the trunk.
Officer: There’s a body in the trunk?!?
Driver: Yes, sir.
Upon hearing this the officer immediately call his captain on his radio. The car is quickly surrounded by police, and the captain approaches the driver to handle the tense situation himself.
Captain: Sir, can I see your license?
Driver: Sure. Here it is.
The captain checks it and verifies it is valid.
Captain: Who’s car is this?
Driver: It’s mine, officer. Here’s the registration.
The captain checks this too and the driver owns the car.
Captain: Could you slowly open your glove box so I can see if there’s a gun in it?
Driver: Yes, sir, but there is no gun in there.
Sure enough the captain finds no gun in the glove box.
Captain: Would you mind opening your trunk? I was told that there is a body in there.
Driver: No problem. The trunk is opened; and of course there is no body inside.
Captain: I don’t understand it. The officer who stopped you said you told him you didn’t have a license, stole the car, had a gun in the glove box, and that there was a dead body in the trunk.
Driver: Really? Well I’ll bet that liar told you I was speeding too.
What do you do when a blonde throws a pin at you?
Run like heck … she’s got a hand grenade in her mouth.
Love your podcast idea. I need to listen. I had a deal with a radio station in Lexington along those lines, and now they picked up Ballistics Radio in that spot. Well done, sir.
20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil,who put darkness for light and light for darkness,who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! 21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes, and shrewd in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21
Professor Paul & Jarrad Markel – Faith and the Patriot A Belief worth Fighting for
Liked these parts in the book:
(1) “ I recently watched. “A mind needs books, like a sword needs a whetstone.” I found
that quote to be quite appropriate for any discussion of knowledge, instruction, or learning.”
(2) Federalist writers put forth solemn warnings. In paper “Number IV” Jay warned against the fracturing of a strong national government or one that is poorly administered. “If they (foreign governments) see that our national government is efficient and well-administered, our trade prudently regulated, our militia properly organized and disciplined, our resources and finances discreetly managed, our credit re-established, our people free, contented and united, they will be much more disposed to cultivate our friendship than provoke our resentment. If, on the other hand, they find us either destitute of an effectual government…How liable would she become to only to their contempt, but to their outrage.
(3) A warrior should have an understanding of the peaceful arts as well as the killing arts. Musashi, Book of Five Rings.
(4) Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: Psalm 144:1 KJV.
(5) Chapter 6 Reinvigorating the Black Regiment.
(6) 20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21
“Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.” ~George Washington
“But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.” ~Acts 5:29
Sponsor the Firearms Radio Network
NRA Armed Citizen
Pizza delivery driver halts robbery, The Sun-Sentinel, Palm Beach, Fla. 06/24/15
A Domino’s pizza delivery driver was returning to his store in Hollywood, Fla. when a pair of masked and armed men attempted to rob him. The driver responded by retrieving a gun and shooting at the robbers, striking and killing one and causing the other to flee.
Unfortunately, according to a Domino’s spokesperson, the armed delivery driver was in violation of Domino’s no-firearms policy. (The Sun-Sentinel, Palm Beach, Fla. 06/24/15)
Support God and Guns by the following
- Laser Activated Shot Reporter use code GANDG to get 10% discount
- FrogLube Store use code GodAndGuns to get a 10% discount
-Send feedback to Troy@godandgunspodcast.com, or Doug@firearmsradio.tv
-Please tell your friends about us, leave an iTunes review, and like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/godandgunspodcast
-Follow us on Twitter @godandgunspod
-And search for us on Instagram too.
-Until next time, Have a blessed week. And keep your guns close but your bible closer.